28.1.14

PENNE WITH FRESH BASIL SAUCE


I love pasta very much, I opted pasta instead of rice. When the weather is rainy and very cold I am pleased to make this recipe, this meal warms the body because of black pepper in it and also tasted very fresh because the sauce is made of fresh basil, sometimes I add bacon in it :)

Penne Fresh Basil Sauce
serves 2

1/2 box whole grain penne pasta (or whatever pasta shape you prefer), I love this one.
4 tbsp good extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup light creme
3 clove garlic, chopped
handful of fresh basil
1/2 cup pasta water
8 whole black peppercorns (I really like spicy, if you're not 2-4 is enough)
salt
parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve a bit of pasta water (1/2 cup). Drain and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree fresh basil, pasta water, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt, and black peppercorns.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the saucepan, pour the sauce and cook until it comes to a boil. Add light creme and simmer over low heat, then add the pasta, mixed them and cook about 5 minutes.
4. Serve with parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment